Nick Webb to step down as India’s strength and conditioning coach after T20 World Cup

 

Nick Webb

Nick Webb announced to step down because of ongoing Covid-19 restrictions in his home country New Zealand. His decision to end the contract was as he want to enter his country.

Nick Webb India’s head trainer will not further extend his contract with BCCI beyond the T20 World cup.

Webb is serving as a strength and conditioning coach to India since 2019. The previous coach was Shankar Basu, whose contract attended after the World Cup that year. Nick has worked with numerous teams. He worked with New Zealand’s Women’s team and other domestic teams. He has also worked as a coach with the Warriors, the Auckland-based team of Rugby.

During Nick’s tenure, India qualified for the inaugural World Test Championship final against New Zealand at Rose Bowl. Prominent high performances have been witnessed during Nick’s two years tenure which includes an overseas win in Australia, victories at Lord’s and Oval during a recent tour to England.

Webb announced this news on his Linkedin page. Nick is on road with India since the WTC loss in June, against New Zealand. He said it is difficult for him to stay away from his family for 8 months.

“For the past two years, I have had the privilege and honor of representing India, the BCCI, and Team India,” he said. “We have achieved and grown a lot as a team during this time. As a team, we created history, won matches, and lost matches. But how we continually responded and adapted in the face of many challenges along with everyone’s willingness to compete every single day are things that make this team special.”

“This is never been an easy decision, but I have to put my family first. The ongoing Covid-19 restrictions for citizens of New Zealand wanting to enter New Zealand is the main reason for the decision. I am not able to predict what the future holds for me at the moment, but I am excited. One thing I am certain of is that I will be doing everything I can to guide our Indian cricket team to do the best at the T20 World Cup 2021.”

India will play their first match of T20 World Cup on October 24, with a high-profile clash against Pakistan in Dubai.

Xchangetickets.com is the best website for buying tickets. The ICC T20 World Cup fans can buy India vs New Zealand Tickets from our website at exclusively discountable prices.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

India Vs Pakistan: Axar Patel’s Injury Clouds India’s Super-Four Clash

Asia Cup 2025: UAE Ready for High-Stakes Cricket Show

Abhishek Sharma Reveals Secret to Top-Order Success Ahead of T20 World Cup 2026